Location: Hoboken, New Jersey; San Bruno, California and Playa Vista, California
Job Type: Contract
Compensation Range: $50 - 65 per hour
Our top retail client is looking for an Art Director, specializing in food, to join their team!
In this role, you will support the Creative Team in concept through execution for marketing/brand campaigns that will translate across multiple channels including site, email, paid social, and display ads. You will work within creative (copy/design/strategy/ops), cross-functionally with marketing to maintain brand standards.
The ideal candidate must be a problem solver, conceptual thinker and able to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment. They should be organized, detail-oriented and exhibit outstanding design judgment in response to a marketing brief.
- Concept for food photography and paid placements alongside creative strategy.
- Oversee the design and provide feedback of assets for projects across all user touchpoints-digital, print, and paid social media to ensure they are on brand.
- Manage projects, growth, and development of 3+ people.
- Design assets and brand campaigns as needed.
- Foster collaboration within creative (copy/design leads/strategy/ops) and cross functionally (marketing/merchandising/product) to ensure assets are delivered on-time and on-brief.
- Experience level: Manager
- BA in Graphic Design or other relevant education.
- 6+ years of professional design experience in advertising, e-commerce, and production.
- 2+ years of management experience.
- Proficiency in Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects) and Microsoft Office.
- Retouching (clipping, extending backgrounds, compositing etc.) and layout (type, color theory, hierarchy, balance) capabilities.
- Understanding of responsive/adaptive design.
- Understanding of photography production process.
- Ability to take creative direction and work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Organized with diligent follow-through on every task.
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills.
- Preferred Qualification:
- Photo art direction ideally in the editorial/lifestyle space.
- Proficiency in Figma.
- Understanding of print process and mechanicals.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Cella, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact [email protected].
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Cella's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Cella representative for more information.