Location: Fully remote, located in the US, working CST hours
Job Type: Ongoing contract, 30-40 hours a week
Compensation Range: $55 - 60 per hour
The Digital Art Director (AD) provides design leadership and art direction for the in-house agency focusing on website design. Working in collaboration with a copywriter who develops the website content, the AD develops responsive web experiences, prototypes of interactions and animations, develops cohesive design systems, works through UX challenges, problem-solves and researches competitive examples for new initiatives.
The role is responsible for supporting the Associate Creative Director (ACD), creative peers and account services teams in developing web page design, internal communication campaigns and presentations. The Art Director must exhibit outstanding design judgment, superb knowledge of web design best practices, effective UI/UX, and knowledge of latest trends. For select assignments, the AD will also be expected to help develop creative strategies and lead the conceptual development.
- Lead in directing and executing the design of web assets as prescribed by creative/marketing briefs under the direction of the ACD, account teams and clients.
- Provide art direction on web experiences and assets (including video and animations) from creative conception to completion.
- Brainstorm and strategize with creative team to help develop creative direction for website UX and content.
- Convert rough ideas into visual prototypes (e.g., sketches, layout drafts) to illustrate concepts for creative reviews.
- Recommend, research and develop imagery (e.g., photography, illustration) to support creative strategy and execution.
- Collaborate with writing team to artfully build creative solutions to address specific project objectives.
- Direct and be accountable for the final development and production of creative assets.
- Ensure accuracy, attention to detail and that the project overall meets or exceeds the design objectives.
- Share interim work with ACD for senior direction and design insights.
- Ensure brand style/UX/UI guidelines and directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions.
- Produce assets within the brand, but also explore new interpretations of the brand and develop out-of-the-box approaches to grow the online experience of the brand.
- Support the ACD and creative team in developing creative strategies and concepts.
- Play an active role in leading conceptual ideation in brainstorms or offline creative development.
- Lead as associate creative director for specific projects as defined by the ACD.
- Provide ACD unsolicited ideas and insights on market trends, competitive marketing or innovations.
- Contribute to development of initial creative strategies to address core marketing and business objectives.
- Actively participate in the ideation process leveraging research, analytics and brand insights.
- Work to improve the team's overall performance and embrace a collaborative approach.
- Actively seek teammates for their input and insights on developing projects.
- Mentor new team members by offering support and counsel on various aspects of their role as requested by the design team lead.
- Provide visible support for leadership and help build a unified team mindset.
- Provide open and honest feedback to supporting team members with the goal of striving to be the best.
- Partner with the ACD, account team and the business to achieve effective and efficient outcomes.
- Engage with the ACD in account/client meetings to review briefs, build project plans and kick off projects and present creative work.
- Take lead role and work directly with clients as dictated by the scope of the project.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in design, advertising or related field.
- Minimum of five years professional-level experience required; three as a Senior Graphic Designer or Art Director.
- Creative portfolio demonstrating breadth of web design and art direction for photography, videography, and animation/motion graphics for web is required.
- External agency experience required.
- In-house agency experience desired.
- Designing web experiences for Fortune 500 corporations is strongly preferred.
- Oil/Gas or Energy industry experience is desired.
- Think strategically, critically and creatively.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Hands-on agency experience in design, IA & UX.
- Excellent working knowledge of web design, IA, and UX/UI best practices and their application.
- Experienced working within defined website UI/UX and apply industry best practices for new content.
- Support the coordination of projects and facilitate communications with the project and production teams.
- Work with key production leads, including both internal and external project managers and producers and graphics teams to ensure the design vision is executed in a consistent and quality manner.
- Collaborative influencer with a clear POV and ability to establish rapport with peers.
- Action-oriented with ability to autonomously prioritize and drive results.
- Demonstrated creative conceptualization skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Cella, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact [email protected]
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Cella's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Cella representative for more information.