Location: Los Angeles, California or San Bruno, California
Job Type: Contract
Compensation Range: $75 - 85 per hour
We're looking for a talented Associate Creative Director to join our Fortune 500 retail client's impressive creative team!
As the Associate Creative Director, you will support the creative team in concept through execution for marketing/brand campaigns that will translate across multiple channels including site, email, paid social, and display ads. In this role, you will oversee a team of art directors and designers-validating and directing their day-to-day work while being the connection between overarching marketing strategy and an executional style guide.
The ideal candidate is a problem solver, and conceptual thinker with the ability to translate abstract concepts into visual materials and able to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
This is a hybrid role in which candidates must be local to Los Angeles or San Bruno.
- Oversee the design and provide feedback of assets for projects across all user touchpoints-digital, print, and paid social media to ensure they are on brand.
- Concept for site/paid campaigns and food photography.
- Attend photo shoots when needed.
- Lead cross-functional partnerships across marketing, site ops and integrated strategy to ensure creative cohesion at every touchpoint.
- Develop creative leadership and marketing pitch decks to gain alignment setting the team up for success.
- Convert a marketing strategy and overarching platform/vis id into an executional style guide.
- Manage projects, growth, and development of 2+ art directors and team of designers.
- Design assets and brand campaigns as needed.
- Experience level: Experienced
- BA in Graphic Design or other relevant education.
- 10+ years of professional design experience in advertising, e-commerce, and production.
- 4+ years of management experience.
- Ability to react quickly and be comfortable in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Proficiency in Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects) and Microsoft Office.
- Photo art direction experience ideally in the editorial/lifestyle space.
- Retouching (clipping, extending backgrounds, compositing etc.) and layout (type, color theory, hierarchy, balance) capabilities.
- Understanding of responsive/adaptive design.
- Ability to take creative direction and work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Organized with diligent follow-through on every task.
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Proficiency in Figma.
- Understanding of print process and mechanicals.
- Retail background.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Cella, a randstad digital company, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact [email protected].
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Cella by randstad digital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.