Location: Merrifield, Virginia
Type: Freelance / Contract
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Digital Marketing strategist! Our client a top contributor in the financial industry is looking to add to their team on a long term contract basis in Merrifield, VA. The Digital Marketing Strategist will: Ensure maximization of digital channels in support of achieving product goals and objectives while ensuring strong focus on member experience.
This role will pay particular focus on overarching channel strategy optimization, audience segmentation, and assist in daily operations of assigned marketing Agile team and ceremonies.
Digital Marketing Strategist Primary Responsibilities:
- Identify new, innovative user stories to support assigned product objectives and ensure channel strategies are utilized and aligned with integrated marketing objectives.
- Communicate assigned product and service objectives including goals and campaign plans to marketing segment and channels team members.
- Ideation and coordination of web, mobile, email, social media, and search support or assigned product areas.
- Test, measure, and analyze performance through reports and dashboards across teams to optimize strategies and highlight success stories.
- Lead select marketing initiatives, including writing and presentation of campaign brief epics, features, and user stories.
- Bring data-driven approach with eye for process optimization and change management.
Required Experience for Digital Marketing Strategist:
- Experience in digital strategy OR experience in account management and looking to step into strategy.
- Self-starter with leadership experience who is confident working on programs that require strategic end-to-end thinking and cross-functional collaboration.
- 5 years relevant experience
- Deadline-driven, organized, and able to adapt to rapid business and organizational demands that result from high-growth environment.
- Ability to think strategically and demonstrate willingness to activate against details of marketing project execution.
- Experience formulating performance and customer insights from analytics and presenting to stakeholders.
- Experience with identifying marketing segments or personas and delivering custom content to audiences accordingly.
- Hands on experience with web, mobile, social media, and search with understanding of best practices (ideally actually responsible for the deployment or creation of campaigns cross-channel at some point).
- Experience utilizing project management tools such as Workfront.
- Experience facilitating Agile team ceremonies or participation in an Agile environment.
- Experience utilizing Google Analytics, Omniture/Adobe Analytics or similar analytic tools.
- Strong communicator – both written and verbal
- Takes initiative to find opportunities to make an impact
- Active contributor in meetings
- Natural leader
- Builds strong relationships
- Experience with multiple digital channels - email, social media, web, etc.
- Experience identifying messaging and/or content opportunities from internal and/or competitive analysis
- Experience using audience segmentation for personalized messaging
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with writing and presenting Campaign Briefs
- Highly collaborative across many teams and team members, with varying personalities
- Can lead/facilitate decision making across many teams and team members
- Quick study
- Attention to detail
- Has a strong bias for action