Location: Rockville, Maryland
Our client is currently seeking a skilled Front-End Developer to join their Interaction Design Studio team. This 100% employee-owned organization has been in business for more than 50 years and has a staff of over 1,700 employees. The company works in various federal, state, and local government sectors to provide digital services in Communications, Data Collection & Survey Research, IT, Evaluation, and Statistical Sciences.
This role is a full-time, temporary-to-hire opportunity with stock options at the time of hire. They offer several health insurance options to their employees and competitive Roth 401k programs and bonus structures. Our client office is local to Rockville, MD. Ideally, we are seeking someone willing to work in a hybrid environment but are flexible to fully remote candidates.
The Front-End Developer will report directly to the UX Manager and collaborate with designers, backend programmers, and management teams to tackle various client projects and internal initiatives. The primary focus of the Front-End Developer will be web development, enhancing user experience by creating responsive and mobile-adaptive content.
This client will require employees, regardless of work location, to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon hire or prior to December 8, 2021.
Front-End Developer Responsibilities:
- Develop responsive and modern user interfaces based on provided UX/UI wireframes, design compositions and style guides
- Collaborate with designers, UX/Information Architect, project teams and programmers to develop interactive products
- Craft quality code and solutions for maintainability and extensibility
- Participate in requirements gathering and offer solutions
Front-End Developer Requirements:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience developing responsive and mobile adaptive websites
- Knowledge of version control systems, such as Git and TFS
- Understanding of design and web production best practices, including (but not limited to) web usability standards, cross-browser compatibility and building page templates
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks and shifting priorities
- Experience with 508 Compliance
- Certificate of completion of Full Stack Development Bootcamps or General Assemblies
- Familiarity with SharePoint
- Ability to code micro-animations and transitions
- Knowledge of modern web trends and techniques