Location: Wappingers Falls, New York
Job Type: Temp to Perm
Compensation Range: $44 - 60 per hour
We are seeking a highly motivated and passionate Industrial Designer to creatively contribute to our client's team. The position will involve actively generating and presenting ideas directly to team members and management, aligning brand direction with design and maintaining product development deadline expectations.
The ideal candidate is detail-orientated, with an interest in the technical details required for production.
- Design, create, and develop new products, in lighting and home decor categories.
- Participate in brainstorm sessions for product launches.
- Develop designs from multiple conceptual sources.
- Develop innovative concepts based on brand attributes.
- Collaborate with mechanical/electrical engineers and manufacturers.
- Participate in product review meetings and presentations with staff at all levels.
- Travel as necessary to meet project needs and attend industry related events.
- 3 -7 years experience in home decor design, with experience in lighting a strong plus.
- BS/BFA in Industrial/Product Design or closely related area.
- Basic knowledge of various raw materials and processes (e.g., metal, glass, casting, spinning, etc.).
- Strong drawing/illustration skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Power Point, MS Excel, MS word.
- Ability to translate concepts into 2D and 3D software - ACAD, Solidworks, KeyShot.
- Awareness of current trends in home décor and interior design.
- Strong organization/prioritization, written/verbal communications skills.
- Able to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- A team player able to take direction and work professionally on self-generated designs, or designs from the Team.
- Process Improvement
Contact from a Cella employee will always come from the domain @cellainc.com and will always provide a phone number where you can contact us. Cella will NEVER present a job offer without a verbal or video interview and we will never ask you to transfer or pay money to get hired or for equipment.
If you are skeptical about any email or job offer, please reach out to us directly at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Cella, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact [email protected]
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Cella's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Cella representative for more information.