Location: Mc Lean, Virginia
Communications Specialist Responsibilities:
- The specialist will lead the client-focused marketing activities through the development of digital and multimedia marketing toolkit materials and management of client-, employee- and recruiting-focused virtual trade shows and events. The specialist also will lead and support strategic, integrated marketing communications campaign efforts on behalf of the department.
- Writing and Editing: Prepare or edit marketing and communications materials for internal and external audiences. Work with internal stakeholders to write and prepare news stories, marketing collateral, presentations, video scripts and displays. The specialist will be responsible for developing highly technical concepts. The specialist will support quality control and editing of internal and external news stories, as well as copy for print and digital content.
- Marketing Intelligence Support: Support for department market intelligence, competitive analysis and market segmentation research and reporting efforts.
- Project Management: The specialist will be responsible for coordinating with and overseeing the work of interns, coordinators and/or freelancers to complete projects.
- Integrated Campaigns: Work with the marketing and communications vice president to formulate and drive the implementation of market-specific, omni-channel (earned, owned, shared and paid) marketing communications campaigns that promote the company's subject matter expertise. The specialist will lead several 'beats' and will support one or more campaigns each year.
- Research and Reporting: Work with the vice president of marketing and communications to establish campaign metrics. Gather quantitative and qualitative data to obtain feedback on marketing and communications activities and strategies. Present findings and make recommendations for further action. Provide input for weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports. Client-focused Virtual Marketing Events and Promotions: Plan, manage and develop annual digital conference event and award submission calendars. award submissions, client events and tours.
- Branding: Provide brand stewardship through all marketing and communications activities. Support brand research, development and implementation efforts for the upcoming branding and digital campaign roll out.
- Team Support Roles: The marketing and communications department operates in a highly-collaborative structure that requires each of us to support other members of the team responsible for driving high-priority initiatives. The specialist may be regularly called upon to support projects led by other members of the team.
Communications Specialist Requirements:
- Previous experience consulting for a professional services, technology or AEC firm
- Must enjoy working with information that is technical in nature and have the ability to tailor that information for both lay and specialized audiences
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or Communications; Masters preferred
- Minimum 6 years of experience in marketing and communications
- Excellent written communications skills with mastery of AP Style guidelines
- Experience managing integrated campaigns as an external or in-house consultant
- Experience managing marketing and employee events, site tours and demonstrations
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Highly collaborative team player willing to jump in to support others on the team
- Must be adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, and creatively solve problems
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated analytical skills with research experience
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Willingness to work more than 40 hours per week
- Familiarity with U.S. federal contracting
- Familiarity with SharePoint and website content management systems
- Experience with web analytics and media and social media distribution and tracking tools
- Experience with data/statistical analysis tools such as SPSS, R, Matlab, Statistica or Stata
- Basic HTML and CSS a plus
- Master's degree a plus
1) Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time
2 ) Sitting for extended periods of time.
3 ) Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
4) Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
5) Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
6) Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
7) Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
8) Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
9) Identify and understand the speech of another person.