Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Our client is seeking a Senior Graphic Artist for a fully remote opportunity!
The Graphic Design Specialist produces original art for electronic and print projects. They provide brand-appropriate, professional, creative, and strategic design guidance to all of our clients new business proposals, marketing materials, and client deliverables (including project reports, brochures, websites, and posters). They apply advanced design skills and a broad knowledge of current design and production techniques to all assignments and employ outstanding analytical and communication skills to assist internal clients in determining visual requirements for information they wish to convey. The designer interacts with colleagues at all levels throughout the company and can explain the connection between their duties and responsibilities and the larger goals of the company. This position is also subject to special duties and assignments as designated by the supervisor.
70% of workload will be creating infographics for proposals. The other 30% will be more generic marketing-related graphics.
• Performs duties consistent with full understanding of our clients requirements, policies, procedures, tools, quality standards, and broader internal and external client strategic goals
• Responds quickly to client requests, assesses priority for each task, takes timely action to meet client needs and resolve complex issues, and provides clear, complete explanations
• Approaches problem solving collectively with senior staff and internal clients to achieve a mutually beneficial result
• Manages multiple projects, working with diverse clients in the home office and overseas
• Works closely with others in department to coordinate and improve workflow and customer service
• Coordinates production of printed materials and purchase of other graphic related materials with outside printers and vendors as required by project needs
• Communicates with senior and regional staff to develop tools and guidelines for graphic standards
• Creates innovative, original designs and layouts with a strong sense of typography and appropriate use of color and fonts
• Solves design and visual communication challenges in a variety of formats (charts, diagrams, maps, logos, posters, brochures, Web sites, and newsletters)
• Guides clients through the creative brief process to solicit input for the scope of the project
• Understands and applies corporate and client brands appropriately to all products
• Prepares files for four-color printing and troubleshoots technical issues in graphic files for pre-press and printing for a variety of corporate, project, and proposal materials
• Retouches photos digitally using Adobe Photoshop
• Reviews requests for proposals to assist proposal teams in developing more attractive, innovative graphics to support technical information in proposals
• Proactively consults with key proposal team members and makes recommendations on effective and innovative graphics solutions
• Demonstrates maturity, dependability, integrity, ethical behavior, and excellence in all work assignments
• Maintains and expands technical knowledge in graphic design and other technical interests by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies and Chemonics practice networks
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum five years of professional design experience working in a design or advertising agency and/or corporate marketing and communications department; experience with USAID marketing and branding a plus.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize, solve problems creatively, and work under tight deadlines
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Extensive knowledge of design history and typography
- Experience overseeing four-color printing through delivery
- Demonstrated knowledge of PC and Mac hardware/software programs
- A strong electronic portfolio with a variety of samples.
If you are skeptical about any email or job offer, please reach out to us directly at [email protected]