Location: Houston, Texas
Job Type: Permanent
Compensation Range: $80,000 - 120,000 per year
Our client, a well-respected public relations firm, is hiring an ambitious Proposal Manager to join their growing team. This role will be a great opportunity for a Proposal professional to help the PR firm as they build out their business responding to government, non-profit and commercial RFPs. Ideal candidates should be located in Houston, Texas (but our client will consider remote, for the right candidate).
- Support pre-RFP efforts.
- Manage proposals from inception (solicitation analysis) through submission (production, reproduction, packaging and delivery).
- Serve as the point person, "coordinator", for assigned proposals and work with Business Leaders and all functional areas (HR, Contracts, marketing and research, writers, IT, etc.) to coordinate all aspects of the proposal.
- Analyze the solicitation and guide the team in creating the strongest response possible.
- Facilitate meetings-kick off, solutions, develop agendas, set goals, and follow up with clearly articulated action items.
- Write compliant, compelling proposals.
- Create resumes and experience that are compliant and focused on the proposal requirements.
- Help develop a storyline for the proposals to maximize the company's ability to differentiate itself from the competition.
- Continually learning about the work and portraying company strengths for various workstreams.
- Work with graphics for the presentation of data, workflows, etc.
- Edit/rework input from technical staff.
- Interview technical staff to develop proposal sections.
- Tailor templated information for specific proposals.
- Assign proposal tasks and follows up appropriately until all requirements are completed.
- Identify proposal process enhancements to continually improve the effectiveness of company proposals.
- Maintain document control.
- Help maintain proposal libraries.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in proposal and qualifications development, writing and editing.
- Government proposal delivery experience.
- Demonstrated track record of successful (on-time, winning) proposal creation.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills.
- Strong EQ (Emotional Quotient/Emotional Intelligence) able to handle stressful proposal situations.
- Strong writing and/or editing for readability and scorability.
- Strong communication skills; comfortable working across the corporate spectrum.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), using SharePoint and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and experienced in organizing, managing and sharing information.
- Able to multi-task, manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- Takes initiative, and demonstrates a positive attitude and motivation.
- Able to work independently or as a member of a team.
- A bonus-graphic ability and ability to think graphically.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Cella, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact [email protected].
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Cella's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Cella representative for more information.