Location: Reston, Virginia
- Cross-references solicitation documents (RFPs, RFIs, etc.) to create organized writing outlines that are responsive to requirements.
- Presents outlines in storyboarding sessions.
- Submits complete written proposal responses within tight deadlines.
- Incorporates feedback from reviewers to improve drafts.
- Interviews technical experts and operational resources to gather information that supports proposal development and transforms that information into clear, concise, compelling proposal text.
- Applies win themes and strategic messaging in proposal content.
- Collaborates with Business Development team members to understand market positioning, competition, capabilities, client drivers, and solution components.
- Identifies and reworks existing proposal content for use in active bids.
- Supports the maintenance of a writing team content library.
- Interacts with senior-level internal and external personnel.
- Uses SharePoint collaborative platform to upload materials.
- Serves as an editor for other writers as needed.
- Recommends continuous improvement initiatives to refine writing processes and techniques as appropriate.
- Collaborates with graphic artists to conceptualize visuals (diagrams, workflows, icons, etc.) to accompany writing.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required.
- 5-7 years of total proposal writing experience.
- Experience working both collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to multitask effectively while performing job duties, including ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively describe complex, technical solution details to lay audiences.
- Proficient computer and software skills, including Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and SharePoint.
If you are skeptical about any email or job offer, please reach out to us directly at [email protected]
Job ID: 325881