Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Fantastic opportunity for a Sr. Content Specialist! Our client is seeking a Sr. Content Specialist to join their marketing team in the Washington, DC area. For this position, you will create persuasive copy and marketing content for various external deliverables. Only candidates willing to go on-site upon start in Washington, DC will be considered!
Sr. Content Specialist Responsibilities:
- Write and edit brand-centric and client-valued content including but not limited to: practice and service descriptions, professional biographies, industry analysis, award submissions, thought leadership and proposal content.
- Work collaboratively with creative, marketing and business development teams to support the creation of highly effective marketing collateral and execute content activities
- Support the development and deployment of content strategies and promotional campaigns aligned with our client’s overall marketing, business development, and communications goals.
- Identify potential target areas for new marketing/content initiatives.
Sr. Content Specialist Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in writing, editing, content development/planning, or journalism
- Proven ability to create persuasive and targeted custom content.
- Ability to conduct interviews and research to gain subject-matter fluency.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of optimizing copy for readership in digital platforms.
- Ability to think critically and employ content development and planning strategies.
- Knowledge & understanding of SEO tools and application.
- Ability to leverage audience or buyer personas to develop targeted content.
- Must possess advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Word.
- Limited travel to other offices for marketing/firm events/meetings may be required.
Sr. Content Specialist Plus Skills:
- Experience working with a professional services organization, law firm, publication or agency preferred.
- Experience with content databases and document assembly tools is desired.