Location: Remote, but must be commutable to the Philadelphia suburbs and Northern NJ area for monthly/quarterly on-site meetings
Job Type: Salaried, with benefits
Compensation Range: $95,000-$105,000 per year
Requirements: Clinical/Pre-Launch Experience
Cella has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Account Executive (SAE) at an award-winning in-house agency at a major pharma company. This full-service agency produces digital, video, augmented/virtual reality, and print assets and is consistently rated better than both similar in-house agencies and external competitors overall and with respect to innovation, execution, and client support.
This role will focus on support of the agency's work with the oncology business. The preferred candidate should have experience partnering with their clients and agency team members to deliver medical communications and omnichannel promotional materials for oncology brands.
Under the guidance of an Account Director or Senior Account Supervisor, the SAE will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of their assigned clients, including the delivery of quality work that is strategically sound, managing client deadlines, and maintaining the integrity of client budgets. The ideal candidate exhibits excellent communication skills, excellent organizational and prioritization skills, and the ability to strategize proactively, multitask, and foster a positive team atmosphere.
The SAE will support client marketing and high-science medical communications initiatives and assist in promoting the agency's capabilities to existing clients. They will work with the Account team to build client relationships and work with cross-departmental stakeholders to ensure client satisfaction through high levels of performance achievement.
Success in this role will be defined by the delivery of high-quality creative output, building strategic client relationships, identifying opportunities to enhance existing business offerings, and working closely with the creative teams.
- Establish trusted relationships with aligned clients from selected accounts.
- Manage assignments independently on a day-to-day basis.
- Maintain regular client contact and become an integral part of client team ensuring that the client is updated and briefed on all relevant account activity.
- Lead client status meetings and deliver monthly financial invoicing reports.
- Manage client expectations and timelines.
- Has working knowledge of pre-launch promotional materials creation.
- Uphold agency-quality standards in servicing clients.
- Understand the essential dynamics, strategies, and drivers of clients' business.
- Write thorough and actionable creative briefs as well as Client Contact Reports.
- Proactively escalate issues to the Senior Account Supervisor or client and provide practical solutions.
- Review all major milestones for client deliverables prior to client review and share in accountability.
- Understand key agency resources and bring them together to produce exceptional results.
- Ensure client satisfaction is achieved on all project deliverables.
- Set priorities while handling multiple projects.
- Manage client expectations and timelines on assigned projects.
- Is always thinking ahead.
- Confident enough to ask for help or advice.
- Partner with internal teams to ensure successful execution of projects and budget management.
- Ensure budgets and project estimates are accurate and appropriately represent required project hours.
- Monitor team hours on jobs and proactively escalate as appropriate if projects are heading off course or there is a change in scope.
- Lead internal meetings (e.g., status meetings, job start-ups).
- Ensure the highest standards of quality control of client materials by evaluating creative work for consistency and accuracy and monitoring brand compliance.
- Keep senior management briefed on account activities.
- Accountable for all SOW and estimate development on assigned projects.
- Inspire and motivate teams to over-deliver against expectations, resulting in high agency team engagement and overall client satisfaction.
- Lead internal teams to ensure project timelines are met, quality of work is high, and communication is fluid with all parties and that members understand their roles.
- Project a professional, positive attitude toward peers, supervisors, team members, and clients.
- Establish credibility and maintain leadership image both internally and externally; convey confidence without overpromising.
- Act with a passion for creative excellence, consistently demonstrating strategically and creatively minded thinking.
- Be informative, be the central point of information and know where to get the information if you do not have it.
- Know when and how to escalate issues.
New Business Development
- Partner with Account Director and Senior Account Supervisor to grow and bring greater value to the research and medical education business.
- Support organic growth of existing client project work and promote appropriate agency capabilities.
- Maintain and improve client relationships and retention of current account relationships.
- May assist the Account Director or may independently develop and present capabilities, marketing, and tactical plans.
- Experience level: Experienced
- BA/BS - scientific/medical focus preferred.
- 5+ years of account management experience in a pharmaceutical advertising agency.
- 3+ pharma or healthcare agency experience required; oncology experience required.
- Co-promote experience is a plus.
- Demonstrates excellent grasp of account management/client services best practices.
- Able to see the world through two lenses: creativity and accountability.
- In-depth knowledge of pharma and marketing communications strategies, medical communications, regulatory environment, and healthcare provider organizations.
- Proven track record of developing and executing digital and omnichannel programs and medical communications.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, client relationship, organizational, administrative, and time-management skills.
- Able to work in an ever-changing, dynamic environment.
- Writes, speaks, and communicates effectively.
- Ability and aptitude to speak with scientists and researchers and clearly articulate creative solutions in terms of clients' business goals.
- Applies strategic thinking to all business challenges and opportunities.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technology and using digital reporting for reviewing project status with clients and the internal team.
- Passionate problem solver - anticipates challenges and how solutions will affect future projects, people, or processes.
- Demonstrates expertise in relevant applications and tools.
- Willing to learn new things and take on new challenges.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Cella, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact [email protected].
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).