Location: Malvern, Pennsylvania
Type: Freelance / Contract
Our client is a massive name in the financial services space, and they are seeking a User Experience (UX) Researcher to join their team for a one-year contract (W2 and benefits-eligible). Ideally, this UX Researcher will be local to the Philadelphia area, but the hiring managers will consider the right talent remote. East coast working hours.
The UX Researcher will design and conduct complex user experience research studies to support user interface design and recommend usability improvements. They are looking for someone who understands how to lead and run user research projects, and ideally has experience with new product strategy + concepts. This role has a heavy focus on user personas.
Job Description Core Responsibilities
- Provides usability services for business and IT teams for web or mobile applications across multiple platforms for mid-scale scope projects. Recommends appropriate quantitative or qualitative approach to gather necessary insights from clients or prospects.
- Plans, designs, and conducts user research, usability, and heuristic evaluations studies. Reviews research on human factors response to bring value to the business, technology, and processes.
- Conducts user interviews and contextual inquiries to identify user needs and gather user feedback. Ensures privacy and conducts sessions in a professional manner.
- Analyzes, summarizes, and presents results to design teams and mid-level decision makers. Suggests strategies to gain buy-in from the business.
- Contributes actionable suggestions based on knowledge of target user base and usability best practices. Educates project teams and crew regarding usability’s purpose and value.
- Identifies quantitative and qualitative usability opportunities and presents findings and recommendations to project teams. Presents usability findings to leaders and negotiates adoption of critical usability recommendations with guidance and support from more senior user experience crew.
- Assists in building usability principles and practices; including training and mentoring junior staff in best practices of user experience research, as well as providing general guidance and motivation.
- 4-5+ years related work experience.
- Undergraduate degree
- New product strategy or new product concept experience required
- Extensive experience with user personas is preferred